Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Entering Wahkiakum County, Washington
Today I am in western Washington state at the beginning of a 10 day road trip which will wrap up the scattered counities I have not yet visited in Washington and Oregon.  My brother, Philip, is with me on this trip.  We flew to Portland yestereday, rented a car, and will spend the next three days touring Washington's Olympic Peninsula.  Philip then flies back to his home in Lexington, Kentucky, and I will continue for six more  days to visit spots in Washington and Oregon.

The finish line is almost in sight.  With the two new counties I collected yesterday, Wahkiakum and Grays Harbor in Washington, my grand total now stands at 3,105 counties, with only 37 to go.  A couple of those we hope to get today, along with Olympic National Park.

After this trip, I will lack only several scattered counties in California and Nevada.  Plans are to make the final trip 10 day trip with my wife, Karen, and complete my County Quest over Labor Day week-end in Carson City, Nevada.  More details about that later.

I have not kept this blog updated in the past year or so.  Sorry about that.  As the quest now nears completion, I hope to add several new blog entries over the next several weeks.

2 comments:

Carey said...

So great you've almost made it!

Brandon T. Minster said...

Nice blog. I'm also a county visitor, but much further behind you (approaching halfway completed).

Do you have any idea what happened to counties.visitedmap.com? I liked it a lot, and recommended others use it to get into tracking their counties, and then it up and died. Now my acquaintances are angry with me. I thought maybe as a fellow aficionado, you might know.